@BegPost: Post or Tweet your best money Requests or Stories

Your Story Post is ALWAYS FREE!
Send your story to Post2beg@gmail.com
Boost your success rate by adding buzz to your published post
Get your Free Published story highlighted or tweeted to millions
Highlight: Promote your Money Request

Pay It Forward: Donate to keep it Free!

Sunday, September 8, 2013

Mother and Son Need Your Help After Escaping Domestic Violence

Here is a heartbreaking story. Find a way to help this mother.

Hi, My name is Meredith and my amazing 7 year old son's name is Vinson. And I have been the victim of Domestic Violence for the last 6 years of a 7 year marriage. I was fortunate enough to get out of it alive, but not unscarred. I have had several unfortunate events take place in my life, but my marriage to what I thought was a very loving and caring man was indeed my most unfortunate even yet. The only thing GOOD that came from it was my amazing and resilient son. He has more strength than I ever will be able to possess. He has unfortunately had to watch for himself some of the abuse that I had to undergo during my time with my (hopefully) soon to be ex-husband. At the beginning of August 2013, after just having my life be threatened and struck for the last time at all, more importantly in front of my child; he left to go to work -- I saw my window to escape and I took it. I grabbed what I could of my son's clothes, toys, and some things of my own and ran as fast as I could. Since then We have had some friends that I have had been lucky enough to keep throughout the marriage that have allowed us to sleep on their couches, but all in all still jumping from couch to couch just to keep a roof over our heads, a place to lay our heads, and a place to comfort our bellies. Just a week ago, I also found out I was pregnant -- with twins. Yes, under all this pressure it has now been brought to my attention that I am not just caring for myself and my son, but the two unborn precious babies that I have inside of me. I have sought help through the local DV intervention Safehouse, and have taken comfort in knowing that I am not alone. They have been such a joy to have around. Caring for me, and getting the prenatal care, offering us a place to sleep in a shelter, and even a ride every now and then that I may need. They have informed me that they can help me in my process to finding a place, help with utilities, and other means but they can only help so much... That is where you come in and my need for posting this request. It has been hard enough having to save face with friends or family when it comes to asking for help, but it has been much more difficult having to explain to my son why we don't have a place that we can call our own. I have been on the hunt for a place to live, and by the good graces of God himself, have found something. But it is going to 950 dollars just to move in.. As if that is not enough, I have not had any bills in my name for years and every necessary utility that we have to have (gas, water, power) all require a deposit of at least 100 dollars. I have not been allowed to work in years, so having any money "saved" or put back for a rainy day was completely out of the question. My ex had total control over anything and everything that involved me, my finances, my friends, and even the family I spoke to. I have been looking every single day that I can get a friend to volunteer themselves to drive me around or allow me to use their car to look for employment, but having no recent job history has proven to be very difficult in a struggling economical crisis. I have also sought out the local resources and funding that my state offers and have filed for food stamps and TANF (temporary assistance for needy families) I have my appointment coming up soon. Not having my own vechilie has made things pretty rough considering you need one for almost everything. Going grocery shopping, getting to appointments, and looking for a job. I know that God has blessed me when it comes down to waking up in the morning and getting to see Vinson smile and hold my hand, and I am thankful to be here even if just for one more day; Subsequently, there have been days though that I wonder when will I catch a break? And if miracles really do happen for people like me? I would ask family... but consequently, staying in a marriage that was unhealthy and ultimately leading me on a self destructive path of drugs has caused me to burn a lot of bridges and has proven that blood really isn't as thick as it should be. I am happy to say though, that as of August 5th of this year I have been clean for 2 years. It has been a long and hard journey, but it is not one that I will give up on. I know that "just for today" I can maintain my sobriety and for my son, be the best "I" I can be, mother and maybe someday in the future companion that I am. I get a sense of gratification everyday that I wake up seeing that beautiful tan little boy smile and me and tell me "I love you," he knows that things may not be as good as they can be, but I let him know every single day that "In the end, things will get better -- and if they haven't gotten better yet, then my dear you know it's not the end for us." He just smiles. I know he doesn't fully understand, but I know he grasps it to some degree. It was my moment of clarity that I had done the right thing when he most recently looked at me and said, "It's nice to have you smile, and not cry because of daddy." IT was THEN I knew he had seen far more than he should have. I want my son to be able to have the opportunity to know what love REALLY is, be guided by heartfelt remarks and not by a fist. I am asking you to help shed a little bit of comfort into mine and his life. Just a little bit of help is all that is needed. I know that I have listed several things that we need help with, but if just every person who reads this donates just 5 dollars then I am sure we will be in our own place in due time. I know God gives us things when we are ready, and never puts more on our plate than we can handle. He gave me this life, ultimately because he knew I could handle it. I'm strong, but I want to be able to offer my son and my two angels on the way some more solidity than what they are already having to face. The children are really the victims in situations like this, and I want to be able to lay them down to sleep in their own beds, have a meal with them at our own table, and smile at them every morning on the bus from my own yard. I am just asking by the good Lords grace, that you shine just a little light my way -- when the tunnel ahead appears to be so dark. Thank you for your kind and considerably comforting efforts. I hope that one day I can bless someone in the way that you will be blessing me and my family. Thank you & God Bless.

P.s,

If I do not answer to messages or responses right away -- it is because I do not have access to a computer nor do I have internet. I make my way to the local library and use their services to be able to check such things. I do have a paypal for anyone that is wiling to donate and will be sending e-mails and or handwritten sentiments to anyone who has or is wiling to do so by leaving an e-mail address or street address that I may do so at. My papal account is Vvmharris05@ gmail dot com

I do not have a bank account, or credit cards, and I really wouldn't ask for help if I didn't need it. Please take comfort in knowing that, along the way of recovery in both a abusive relationship in finding healing and my journey in sobriety that I have found a new light and that's our heavenly Father. He has guided me into a path of selfishlessness and wouldn't take from others to apply myself with unnecessary things. All I have to my name is a couple bags of clothes, and two night stands that I took out of our home that I have raised my son in the whole time he has been alive was because they belonged to my great grandmother whom passed right after Vinson's 2nd birthday. We have nothing, but hopes for a brighter future. Can you help cement those hopes into my foundation for his well being, my 2 unborn childrens, and for mine?

God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post2Beg and BegPost: Post Your Requests or post your needs for free! Post Your Detailed Stories to Find help without paying a fee. Post them in the "Post Comment" area right here. The best requests for cold cash will be posted on this blog! Post2Beg wants to help you go through these tough economic times. Make sure you have a Paypal account and a valid email address to build your contacts. Post a convincing story detailing your situation right here. It is not wrong to ask. Even Purpose-driven Life Author, Pastor Rick Warren, asked for money from his church family.......It is better to beg, ask for money than to steal! Ask God first, then ask your fellow men and women to avoid dying of hunger in these days! The state of the economy should not make you and your kids go without.